Charlogy Online

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Emperor Popeltine

And now to religious affairs. It is now one year since Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger became Pope Benedict XVI. (I was disappointed - I was hoping he might revive the superb moniker Boniface - not a name that just anyone could carry off!) On the anniversary of his ascension, the BBC reported on his first year in office, noting how he was considered a 'Darth Vader' figure by some insiders at the time of his selection. Good old beeb, they also managed to dig out a photo which scarily backs this up - it seems that the years spent as Pope John Paul's padawan paid off well. Warning: you may experience some chest-tightening and breathing difficulties as you view this picture.

Pope Benedict finds your lack of faith... disturbing.
Link

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crikey! Does this mean we can expect him to eventually dissolve the Vatican, massacre all Italian politicans and form a Catholic Empire?

"The regional governers now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line..."

Not that I'm anti-Catholic, but this statement of Grand Moff Tarkin's in Star Wars becomes disturbingly prescient in light of this revelation.

By the way Charles, I left a couple of anonymous comments, because I was in a hurry and couldn't be bothered to identify myself. See if you can guess which they were.

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find my lack of repost....disturbing!

9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home